The series was followed in Tech Gian by it's prequel, Bernhard im Schatten.
The 666th TSF Squadron Schwarzesmarken (Black Marks) are a special-response unit tasked with assaulting BETA forces through unconventional tactics; specifically, they target Laser- and Heavy Laser-class BETA to deny their enemy the immense ranged firepower of those particular species. Their orders are given the topmost priority, such that it is common practice for the 666th to ignore allied distress calls that will result in deviation from their original mission, even if only for a short moment.
Moonlight Night Incident: A failed coup d'etat five years prior to Schwarzesmarken where anti-establishment officers tried to bring down the German SUP and Stasi. The ringleader was Katia's father.
A VN adaptation of the story was confirmed by age to be in development, with an expected release date of late 2015. In May 2015, Age announced that the VN will be split into 2 parts.
The first VN, Schwarzesmarken: Kouketsu no Monshou (シュヴァルツェスマーケン 紅血の紋章), was released on the 27th of November, 2015, covering the events of Volume 1 to Volume 3 of the Light Novel.
The second VN, titled Schwarzesmarken: Martyrs (シュヴァルツェスマーケン 殉教者たち), was released on the 28th of October, 2016, and completes the story of Schwarzesmarken with three routes:
- Our Hands: Katia Waldheim
- Last Desires: Irisdina Bernhard
- Lost Heaven: Lise Hohenstein
A twelve episode anime adaptation of Katia's route from the second visual novel was produced by ixtl and Liden Films and aired from January to March 2016. While praised for being a tight production despite its modest budget and time limitations, being agreed upon by many fans to be better paced and directed then Total Eclipse, the anime still still drew controversy for its deviations, particularly those involving characterization and character arcs.
- The title "Schwarzesmarken" is wrong written in German word, but this is intentional. In the story, an Soviet officer decided this name for the Unit. The correct German word would be "schwarzer Fleck" (black spot) or "schwarzes Zeichen" (black sign).
- The title in particular is a reference to triage tags. A black tag is given to mortally wounded casualties from which no amount of medical attention can save. These casualties are thus passed over for other casualties who can be saved. The 666th ignore the pleas of their doomed comrades in order to complete their objectives (thus saving many more), Irisdina herself is given a black tag in the end, and on a grander sense, East Germany and Europe are wearing black tags and can only stave off the inevitable at best.
|Main Series||Extra · Unlimited · Alternative|
|Side Stories||Chronicles||Atonement · Inheritance · Confessions · The Day After · Chicken Divers · Rain Dancers · Aspiration · Resurrection · War Ensemble · Last Divers|
|Publications||Total Eclipse (Anime | VN | Manga) · Schwarzesmarken · Bernhard im Schatten · TSFIA · The Euro Front|
|Extra-related||Before the Sakura Trees Bloom · Heroine Collection · Before the Shimmering Time Ends · Haruko Maniax|
|Fandiscs & Collections||Supplement · Altered Fable · Ayu-Mayu Collection · Haruko Maniax · Chronicles · photonflowers* · photonmelodies♮|